Ohhhhhh…the weather outside is frightful!! So what’s a girl to do on a snow day? (Besides the obvious: sled riding, sitting by the fire, and sipping hot chocolate). Make some soap, of course! And what better soap to make on a snowy winter’s day than sparkly, festive, holiday soap inspired by some beautiful red, sparkly ornaments hanging on my tree! It may be blisteringly cold outside, but in here today, I’m turning up the heat with this next melt and pour recipes. You can too. Grab your supplies and whip up this fun, easy soap with me!
- 1 lb. Suspending Stephenson Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 40 drops Sexy Cinnamon Clove Fragrance Oil
- Crimson Sparkle Mica Powder
- Sparkle Iridescent Glitter
- Vegetable Oil
- Mold (I used the Xmas Tree Soap Mold– so festive!)
- Prepare the mica and glitter: To add mica to a soap base without clumping, you have to first mix it with an oil, like vegetable oil. How much mica you use is completely up to you. When using a clear soap base, you don’t need as much mica, so prepare and add a small amount, and then repeat until you’ve reached your desired color and sparkle. Mix the mica and a small amount of vegetable oil, just enough to make it a liquid mixture, and set aside.
- Repeat the above step with iridescent glitter. Set aside.
- Chop the soap base into chunks and place them in a microwave-safe bowl (glass). Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the base is completely melted.
- Add in the prepared mica and glitter mixtures and stir until completely incorporated into the soap mixture. This is the time to prepare and add more mica or glitter if you feel you’d like a more concentrated color/sparkle look, but remember, a little goes a long way.
- After adding the mica and glitter mixtures, stir in the fragrance oil until completely incorporated.
- Pour into your soap molds and spritz the surface with alcohol to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Allow the soap to sit and harden for 24 hours. Melt and pour soaps do not require a curing period, so you can use your soap as soon as it’s ready to unmold!
How easy, right?! This soap will be the PERFECT touch to your holiday decor this season!