Do you love the smell of Christmas trees, but hate the clean up that comes with them. This year I’m determined to have the best of both worlds. So with my easy artificial trees displayed throughout the house, I need the scent to make it feel real. Enter: Evergreen scented candles. Yep, that should do the trick. Bulk Apothecary has an amazing fragrance oil called Snowy Evergreen that will fill my home with all of the dreamy piney scents that my little heart desires!
- 1 lb (about 5 cups) EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy Candle Wax (Kosher Certified)
- Cotton Candle Wick 3″ Pre-waxed
- 8 oz Country Kitchen Jars
- Forest Candle Color Blocks
- 1-ounce Snowy Evergreen Fragrance Oil
- Prep your candle jars. You’ll need to place the wicks inside the jars and position the wicks in the center. To do this, you can use a glue dot or a dot of hot glue to affix the bottom of the wick to the inside of the jar (that way it won’t move around when you pour the hot wax into the jar). To make sure the wick stays straight, you can place a pencil or Popsicle stick on the top of the jar and tape the end of the wick to it to stabilize.
- Melt the candle wax. 1 ounce of wax (about 5 cups) will yield about three 8 ounce candles or one 24 ounce candle. Using a double boiler, slowly melt the wax over medium heat, stirring during the melting process to ensure all wax pieces have completely melted. While stirring your melting wax, add in about 1/3 of the color block and continue to melt, making sure the color has blended evenly throughout the wax.
- Removing the melted wax from the heat, stir in the fragrance oil, making sure that it’s completely blended throughout the wax. Pour the mixture into your prepped container (s) and allow it to sit overnight before using it. When you’re ready to burn your candles, just make sure to trim the wick so that it’s not sticking out of the container.
Three easy steps and your home will be filled with amazing holiday scents- even if you’ve opted to set up an artificial tree (or like me, trees). Enjoy!