No lie. Lately, I feel like I just can’t kick the chapped lips from these last few months. And since I’m doing upkeep around the clock, this recipe is amazing because I can use it every day before I put on my lipstick for a nice smooth finish. Honestly, I’ve even been doing it before bed along with a lip balm for extra exfoliation and moisturizing effects! It leaves your lips feeling silky smooth and it tastes great too!
- In a small bowl, combine sugar (as much as you’d like to make. I used about 1/2 of a cup) and pour just enough jojoba oil into the sugar to coat it. You want a wet blend, so you can make as little or as much as you’d like, being sure to add enough sugar and oil to achieve a wet, not runny, mixture.
- Stir to blend the oil into the sugar until there is no dry sugar visible.
- Now it’s time for flavor! This strawberry mint flavor oil is absolutely yummy with just the right amount of minty freshness- PERFECT for a lip scrub!
- Using a pipette, add in drops of the flavor until you’re reached your desired taste. This can be as much or as little as you’d like. Everyone has a different preference- I happen to like mine full of flavor (because it tastes so good!) so I’m a little more heavy-handed with the flavor oil (I filled my pipette up just to the bottom of the bulb).
- Now for some Vitamin E Oil to make your lips extra soft and smooth!
- Drizzle in just a little- too much will make the mixture runny and thin.
- Stir it all up and spoon the mixture into small lidded jars to prevent it from drying out. When needed, scoop a little out with your finger and gently massage into damp lips. Rinse with cool water and top it off with a nice creamy lip balm (make one yourself!). Your lips will thank you!
PS- This makes a lovely gift when packaged nicely! Pair it with some handmade lip balm, add some pretty labels and pass it out to your most favorite people 🙂