They say that the hands are the first to age. For those of us getting older, it’s clear to see the wrinkles appearing every time we look down. To help curb the aging, we recommend finding a solid hand cream or lotion. Shea butter is so great for your skin, and mixed with essential oils and cocoa butter, you really can’t go wrong! You can certainly pick up an already-created base, or you can try the recipe below for an all-natural, homemade product. Package them up, label them and give them to your friends. They will thank you later!
- 6 ounces of Unrefined Shea Butter (softened)
- 1/4 ounce of Cocoa Butter (softened)
- 6 ounces of Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1/4 ounce of Essential Oil (Lavender Oil or Peppermint Oil work best)
- Large bowl
- Medium Metal Bowl
- 2- 6 oz. Jars with Lid
- Hand Mixer
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place a metal bowl in a larger bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in the metal bowl. Stir.
- Sift cornstarch over the essential oils.
- Use a hand mixer to mix ingredients together. Whip.
- Put into a jar and use it at night. It’s a great way to rejuvenate your hands for the next morning!
*Store in a cool, dry place and it will keep for quite some time!
You can alter the recipe by using different essential oils. Lavender and Peppermint tend to be the most popular, and have soothing scents. I also really like the smell of Jasmine Essential Oil as it is pretty unisex and fresh. Either way, you can customize this to your audience – manly scent for men, floral scent for women and give as gifts. Or you can be greedy and keep it for yourself!
If you have any hand cream recipes please share in the comments below!