Get your skin on point with this easy DIY body butter. Thick, creamy and ultra-moisturizing, you can kiss dry skin goodbye and breathe a sigh of relief knowing exactly what you’re putting on your skin! Making your own lotion is simple and it’s easy to customize with fragrance oils and essential oils. You can make exactly what you’re looking for without stepping a foot inside a store!
This recipe combines all of the best moisturizing butters and oils with a light, creamy fragrance. Your skin will be smooth and silky and will smell oh-so-good!
1 cup Shea Butter
½ cup Coconut Oil
½ cup Sweet Almond Oil
1 TBS Vitamin E Oil
- Combine the shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or similar set-up.
- Over medium heat, melt the ingredients together stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly (about 10 minutes) before stirring in the sweet almond oil, vitamin e oil and fragrance oil.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. The mixture should begin to solidify but not be frozen.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the mixture on high until creamy and fluffy. It should look like butter cream frosting when it’s done.
- Scoop into airtight jars for storage and enjoy!