Making scented lotions has to be one of the easiest DIY projects. Ever! All you need is two ingredients and it comes together in, maybe 1 minute. No lie! Just unscented lotion base, which is creamy and luxurious and full of great ingredients, and fragrance oil. Now, let us show you how easy it is with this Spiced Caramel pear Lotion Recipe! This batch makes about 2 cups of lotion, for a bitter batch just the amounts.
- Grab 2 cups of your lotion base and add it into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil per 2 cups of lotion base. This particular fragrance oil is a warmer, spicier scent for fall, and a little bit goes a long way in making the lotion base fragrant.
- Now comes the hard part, stir like your life depends on it!
- Whip the oil into the lotion base. To do this, you can use a mizer or a whisk but make sure to use a little elbow grease when blending the two ingredients together to be sure that the oil is completely incorporated into the lotion. You don’t want any separation!
- Carefully scoop the lotion mixture into the jar, leaving enough room to close the lid. bonus tip- make sure to wipe around the edge before closing the lid if you’re messy like us!
This simple recipe is perfect for fall! It will leave your skin feeling silky and hydrated with the soft scents of spiced caramel and pear! Let us know if you try out this amazing fall recipe or others just like it from our blog.