Don’t let the ease of this next recipe fool you. Although it may be easy enough for the kids to do during craft time, this acai lip balm recipe is all grown up. With a sophisticated flavor and a luxuriously smooth finish, this little number is one to slip into that little black clutch, not the kid’s backpack. It’s okay not to share this time, you’re allowed to be selfish every once in a while, and this is just the occasion for it. So go ahead, make this recipe just for you.
- 8 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp. Beeswax (white or yellow will work)
- 1.5 tbsp. Honey
- 30 drops of Acai Blackberry Flavoring
- Empty Aluminum Lip Balm Tins
- Rectangle Lip Balm Labels (to print on)
- Place the coconut oil, beeswax, and honey in a double boiler (or glass bowl sitting on top of a saucepan filled with about an inch or two of simmering water). Heat slowly until everything has melted together.
- Remove mixture from heat, and add the acai blackberry flavoring. Stir until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the empty lip balm containers, place covers on, and let the tins sit to cool. The mixture will firm as it cools and turn into the typical lip balm texture.
- Print the labels for your lip balm tins. These are for YOU so name them appropriately! Make beautiful designs for your labels so that every time you pull that little tin out of your little black clutch, everyone will be asking where you got it!
Let us know if you try out this acai lip balm recipe or any others from our blog!
Looking for the best soap making supplies? Check out our website for melt and pour bases, molds, fragrance oils, butters, waxes, and more!
Bulk Apothecary is the best supplier of all things soap making!
Bulk Apothecary makes no claims of “expert status” and the company will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the use of the information found on this website.
As with all products, users should test a small amount prior to normal extended use. If pregnant or suffering from illness, consult a doctor before use.