Bug Repellant Soap– Do you need relief from a nasty bug bite or poison ivy? Our oatmeal soap base along with peppermint and lavender essential oils will help ease that irritating itch and soothe your skin.
Oatmeal has so many great skin benefits. It’s definitely not just a portion of food! People have been using oatmeal for years to provide relief from all types of skin irritations. Many store-bought beauty products such as makeup, lotions, and moisturizers contain oatmeal.
Oatmeal gently exfoliates and softens your skin. Why wouldn’t you want to use an all-natural and healthy product on your skin? The recipe below is called “bye, bye bug bites”
- 2lb block of Oatmeal Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 1/2 cup of raw oats
- Guest honey bee soap mold (optional)
- 1 Tbsp each of:
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
- Cut your oatmeal soap base into small pieces and place into a microwaveable mixing bowl ( I always use a glass measuring cup, it has a nice handle and washes up nicely!)
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and put back in for another 30 seconds. (If you prefer using your stovetop, a double boiler works well too)
- Once the soap base is melted and free of lumps add baking soda, salt, and raw oats. Stir together. If you prefer your oats finer, feel free to put through a food processor.
- Add the peppermint and lavender essential oils.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the soap mold and spray with rubbing alcohol to remove any bubbles. (I also added a few tablespoons of oats to cover the back of the soap for extra texture. If you choose to add the extra oats, spray again with rubbing alcohol.
- Within a few hours, your Bug Repellant soap will be ready for use. Before removing from the mold, place it into the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make removal a lot easier.
Let us know if you try out this recipe or any others from our blog!
Looking for the best soap making supplies? Check out our website for melt and pour bases, molds, fragrance oils, butters, waxes, and more!
Bulk Apothecary is the best supplier of all things soap making!
Bulk Apothecary makes no claims of “expert status” and the company will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the use of the information found on this website.
As with all products, users should test a small amount prior to normal extended use. If pregnant or suffering from illness, consult a doctor before use.