Doesn’t it sound beautiful? A soap filled with notes of vanilla and sweet botanicals speckled with pink and red rosebuds. Ahhhhh…so pretty. If there were a soap made specifically for a princess, it would likely be this one. It would be displayed in her super fancy ultra-girly bathroom (which would be ginormous because she’s a princess. duh.) and it would leave her skin feeling oh so silky and perfect. Just as princess skin should feel.
What’s that you say? You’re not a princess?? Ehh…join the club. Really, I think it was just an oversight somewhere along the line in my genealogy, but oh well. Nothing I can do about it now. Even though I don’t have a royal title, I can’t still treat myself like a princess. And you can too!! This soap made with essential oils glides across your skin lathering it with rich, nourishing shea butter and leaving it smelling sweet of rose and vanilla. Not only will it look beautiful in your bathroom and feel beautiful on your skin, but it will also leave your skin silky soft, and looking, you guessed it? beautiful.
- 1 lb. Melt and Pour Shea Butter Soap Base
- 1/3 cup Dried Rose Petals
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Essential Oil
- Silicone Basic Round Soap Mold
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a microwave-safe bowl (I love Pyrex for stuff like this- you can toss it in the freezer when you’re done and the remaining bits will chip right off when frozen leaving you with a clean bowl!), melt the shea butter soap base in the microwave using 30-second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted.
- When the soap base is melted, remove it from the microwave and stir in the dried rose petals and essential oil.
- Once your ingredients are well blended together, pour into your mold and let the soap sit for 24 hours to harden before use.
Let us know if you try out this recipe or any others from our blog!
Looking for the best soap making supplies? Check out our website for melt and pour bases, molds, fragrance oils, butters, waxes, and more!
Bulk Apothecary is the best supplier of all things soap making!
Bulk Apothecary makes no claims of “expert status” and the company will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the use of the information found on this website.
As with all products, users should test a small amount prior to normal extended use. If pregnant or suffering from illness, consult a doctor before use.