Okay, so today we have a recipe for those of us suffering from torn-up hands due to cold weather. Just apply a small amount to your hands after your workout and/or before bed (apply up to 3 times a day). It will feel a bit sticky, but after a few applications, you will be used to it. Even if you aren’t suffering from callous hands, you can use this recipe to soften the skin–just think of it as a more intense moisturizer for tough hands!
This recipe is a great gift for anyone you know that appreciates a good workout!
- 2 Tablespoons Lanolin
- 1 teaspoon of Tincture of Benzoin (this product can be found at your nearest drug store/healthy supply store under the name Friar’s Balsam)
- 1- 4 oz. plastic jar with lid
- Just mix the lanolin with the tincture of benzoin in a small jar.
- Add more lanolin to make the product less sticky. You only need about a small-dime size amount peruse.
- Mix in a drop or 2 of essential oil for scenting and added moisture. I recommend Eucalyptus Essential Oil as it has added healing benefits.