Need a little pick-me-up to get your skin back to being glowing and bright? Here is something that you could whip up at home. For this, I turned to Pinterest, because it’s the mecca of all things DIY. Via Pinterest, I stumbled upon this recipe from Easy-Aromatherapy-Recipes.com and it’s just what I needed. This invigorating scrub will wipe away a case of the winter blues in no time.
- 1/2 cup (110g) Dead Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Grapeseed Oil or other carrier oil of your choice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Aloe Vera gel
- 8 drops Orange essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Plastic Jar (for storing…you can also use a glass jar to fancy it up for gift giving!)
- With a spoon, stir together the salt and oil in a glass or ceramic bowl (or even the jar you intend to keep it in – remember to use dark glass or PET plastic.)
- Drop in the essential oils, dispersing each drop in a different spot on top of the salt scrub mixture. Stir until well blended.
To use: take a quick, warm shower to wet your skin. Standing away from the spray of the shower, massage the body salt scrub into your skin using gentle circular motions until your skin is rosy from the increased circulation. Be careful not to over-scrub though! Be firm, but not rough when massaging! Rinse off with warm water, towel dry and lather up with a good moisturizer.
It’s tingly! It’s energizing! And it smooths and stimulates your skin while gently exfoliating and detoxifying. Get out of that winter funk and feel fresh and happy! And if you live in Hawaii and are not in a winter funk, let’s be friends and you can invite me to visit. Ha ha!
Have a wonderful day!