Sometimes it’s absolutely necessary to pamper yourself. To close the doors to the outside world and focus solely on YOU. It’s good for the soul. Good for the mind. And, in this case, good for the skin! After event-filled weekends packed with socializing, food, and a few holiday cocktails, my skin has been in need of a little rejuvenation! The frosty cold weather here in Ohio doesn’t help it much either. I’ve been feeling dry, dull, and for lack of better terms, blah.
Anyway, just when I was feeling a little blue about myself, I stumbled across this lovely herbal steam facial while I was (no surprise here) perusing Pinterest. The Glamorganic Goddess got it right when she posted this recipe! It was just what my skin was in need of. A nourishing blend of herbal tea, coconut oil, and essential oils (I used Lavender because I was in spa-mode and the relaxing scent was perfect!) quickly wiped away any signs of dull, lifeless skin and left my face feeling dewy and refreshed.
You’ve got to try this one!
DIY Steam Facial Ingredients
- Large Stainless Steel or Glass Mixing Bowl
- Large, Heavy Towel
- 4 Cups Water
- 2-3 Tea Bags, Any Variety
- Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
- Essential Oils of your choice (I used Lavender)
1. Prepare a pot of hot water and add 2-3 tea bags. Steep tea according to the instructions listed on the packaging. Be sure to cool slightly before continuing to avoid any accidents or burns.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of Witch Hazel and a few drops of the Essential Oils you’ve picked to use to the bowl. Remember, if you’re using a stronger essential oil (like Peppermint, for example), less is more!
3. Apply a thin layer of oil onto damp, freshly cleansed skin
4. Set the timer for 10-15 minutes
5. Create a Towel Tent over your head while leaning over the bowl, making sure to tuck in all sides.
6. Close your eyes, relax, and breathe deeply during your steam facial.
7. When your steam time is over, rinse your face with cool water and apply a thin layer of oil to seal the new moisture.
Recipe adapted from theglamorganicgoddess.com
Let us know if you make this recipe or any others from our blog!
Looking for the best essential oils? Check out our website for the best essential oils and organic essential oils for crafting, soap making, candle making, and more!
Bulk Apothecary makes no claims of “expert status” and the company will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the use of the information found on this website.
As with all products, users should test a small amount prior to normal extended use. If pregnant or suffering from illness, consult a doctor before use.