Here’s an absolutely delicious recipe for body butter that you can whip up in your kitchen in a matter of minutes. It smells divine and the texture is just heavenly. During the cold winter months, everyone’s skin needs a little help. A body butter is just the ticket! And by using Bulk Apothecary’s pre-made body butter base, you’re steps are completely simplified. Just toss the ingredients in the mixer and whip. That’s it! Cover yourself in this soft, silky mixture and enjoy the sweet fragrance as your skin drinks up the moisture with this wonderful lotion.
- Unscented Body Butter Heavy Cream Base
- Warm Vanilla Sugar Fragrance Oil (version of Bath & Body Works)
- Olive Oil
- Cocoa Powder
- Airtight container and lid
- Start by preparing your cocoa by dissolving it with a small amount of olive oil. Depending on how much body butter you’re making, and how much color and chocolate scent you want, you can adjust this mixture accordingly. As a rule of thumb, just make sure you use 2-3 parts of cocoa powder to 1 part oil. Just enough to make a wet mixture that will easily blend into the lotion base. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the unscented body butter base with several drops of Warm Vanilla Sugar fragrance oil using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer- I just find that when blending ingredients into the thick body butter base, using a mixer helps to whip everything together effortlessly. Continue adding drops of the fragrance oil until you’ve reached your desired scent. Again, depending on how much base you start with will determine how much or how little of the fragrance oil you will need. To test this, add a few drops, blend, and then test a small amount on your skin to see if you like the scent left after massaging it into the skin. Repeat until you’ve reached the scent you desire.
- Next, add in your wet cocoa mixture and continue to whip with your blender. You’ll notice a soft, chocolaty color and scent as you blend. Whip until the body butter is evenly colored and scented.
- With a spoon or spatula, scoop your scented body butter into an airtight container. Screw-on lid, print out a nice label (if you feel fancy), and wrap it up for a beautiful gift! Or just keep it for yourself and lather up your dry skin as needed. It’s winter- everyone’s skin needs a little TLC!
That’s it! Homemade body products that are just as good (maybe even better) as the store-bought kind. It’s so easy to make wonderful body products at home that friends and family will love.